2015: A Year of Gratitude
[LONG POST AHEAD]
I don’t do year in review posts because… let’s just say I’m lazy compiling everything and summarize every aspect of a year together. I go with the flow and I just bunch of a lot of stuff and say Thanks to God.
But this year’s different. I was practically thrown inside a hurricane, circulating like mad inside a vortex filled with debris banging me up. It was whirlwind of year because of health. Ironic how I toasted for good health on my birthday this year but then God decided otherwise. He probably said that I had to get through this to become better and after talking to friends and reading great books, I’ve come to terms that there’s no easy way learning things. Somethings you have to wade into the mud of life to come out clean. As they say,
People have been doing Happiness Projects, writing things to be grateful for everyday and I realized that thinking about blessings and concentrating on the positive energies is better than wasting it on the bad. This is what I was talking about in my last post. I want to write the good things in 2015. There were tons of amazing things that happened and I just couldn’t ignore them. I thank God for giving me the grace of living through a meaningful year. Thank you also to have become a part of it.
1. My dad and I were able to visit my brother in Lisbon, Portugal last January 2015.
My brother has lived in Portugal for almost 6 years already and the thing is, we only got to visit him this year. It was quite emotional for me because it’s been too long since I traveled somewhere with both my dad and brother so this was a very special trip. I fell in love with Lisbon and we kinda ate TONS. Such a sensory trip! There was no holding back in enjoying this city. We also visited Paris and I loved going back there again. Brother helped open my eyes to new places I’ve never seen in Paris before as well.
2. I met one of my closest blogger friends early this year! KYMMMM! She and I go waay back 2005 or something and I was so happy that I got to see her even for a minute when she visited the Philippines. I hope to visit you in Canada someday dear!
3. Ed Sheeran concert. AMAZING.
If you love me come on get involved. Feel it rushing through you from your head to toe.
4. God gave me strength to conquer a mountain. Sure it might be just a Grade 3 mountain but it’s the hardest one I’ve climbed. This challenged me physically and mentally.
5. “Cosplayed” a bit. Haha! Twas fun dressing up. I used to dress up all the time when I was a kid.
6. Met this crazy #BAYPER group. Who knew that entering a Funko Pop collecting group led me to meeting these awesome people? Never stop joining activities and meeting new people!
7. NEW PETS! We got a Corgi boarder! My mom’s turned our house into a dog boarding house and one of our boarders was this adorable Corgi. <3 So cute! We also got a new Short-haired persian called Shaun Shaun. I <3 him as well.
8. I appeared on Television and was interviewed on Radio! I got to show Snapsacks to the world. This was definitely an incredible experience and it has always been my hidden dream to be interviewed… haha!
9. As for other speaking engagements, I also got to fulfill another hidden dream of mine, become a voice actress! Well I attended a class and am now “certified”. I still have to practice though. I believe 2016 will be that year for me.
11. Permed my hair after years of straightening it. More than 12 years of rebonding and straightening mind you!! I have always had natural kinky curly hair and I want to go back to my roots. 2016 will also be a time for me to fully go back to curls.
12. 2015 was filled with physical activities. I finally got to lose weight through yoga and diet. Shot my first real bullet and also practiced more archery (and won in a competition!). I also lost 9 pounds! Most I’ve ever lost in recent years. Let’s build muscle and have abs in 2016 next!
13. Another hidden dream half fulfilled. I’ve always dreamt of working for Pixar and when I got the chance to listen to Inside Out’s co-director, Ronnie Del Carmen, for free, I jumped at the chance! It was awe-inspiring just listening to him talk how the story developed. Sad that Pete Docter wasn’t there but it was still huge!
14. Caught up some reading and read 20 books this year. 2014 was abysmal and I hardly picked up a book. That will change in 2016. I am planning to go back to reading 50 a year! Watch out for my future post on my book meme.
15. Experienced a Comic Con in Manila!! It’s the first in Asia and it’s definitely a class apart from the Toycons and Anime conventions that we have here. I got to meet celebrities (COLTON HAYNES PEOPLE!) and watched the exclusive Civil War trailer. It’s every Geek’s paradise. It’s a sneak peek to San Diego Comic Con and maybe a precursor to a future trip there. I really want to go to SDCC in 2016 because… Lord, have you seen the latest images of Doctor Strange? BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH I NEED TO SEE YOU <3
16. I FRIGGING WON A TRIP TO FRANCE! HOLY SHIZNIT. And it isn’t just a 3-day trip or a shopping splurge. It was an actual culture trip where I had to attend a 2-week French class and culinary class as well. I won’t focus on me not being able to go but WINNING it was ginormous. It was an Oscar moment for me because it happened in a Soiree and I had to say a speech after. I was speechless! I have never won anything before. They did tell me that I was waitlisted for next year but I will never forget this moment. Maaan!
17. I went on my first international trip as a Snapsacks Ambasadress. I attended Anime Festival Asia in Singapore with a couple of my friends and exhibited there. It was such a huge learning experience for me because it was my first out of the country convention and I had little to zero clue on how to manage this kind of thing. There were a couple of road blocks but I was able to overcome them. Thank God for my dad and friends! Happy to say that the event was a success!
Wow, I never knew that a lot things happened in 2015 and creating a gratitude post was just what I needed. Man, life is just filled with countless possibilities and every year is a potential to be great. Never lose hope that every year will get better. This year had been dark but it had so much light in it as well.
2015, you are one hell of a crazy year! I hope to continue this personal heroine’s journey of mine.